English for Academic Purposes is designed to increase your skills for the English-language requirements of Australian higher education. Ideal for students wishing to undertake a university degree in Australia, our EAP programs will develop your skills in research, essay-writing, oral presentations and tutorial participation.
Australian Pacific College and English Unlimited have articulation agreements in place with more than ten universities and higher education providers, including but not limited to Torrens University Australia, University of Wollongong, Central Queensland University, University, University Southern Queensland, University of Newcastle Australia and Griffith University.
CRICOS course code: 074850A (Brisbane), 017829D (Melbourne and Sydney)
- Academic Preparation for studying in an English-speaking education institution
- Weekly assessments with personalised feedback
- Grammar and vocabulary training for writing academic essays and reports
- Training in referencing and creating annotated bibliographies
- Reading training for research, analysis and text summarisation
- Speaking, listening and pronunciation training to present, lead discussions and meetings, and participate in debates
- Assessments to demonstrate competence in spoken and written academic language
Pronunciation for presentations and group debates
Australian Pacific College and English Unlimited offer three levels of EAP courses:
EAP A for Advanced level students
EAP B for Upper Intermediate level students
EAP C for Intermediate level students.
Each course is ten weeks in duration, and prepares students for the rigours of producing high-standard literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, survey reports, argument essays, oral presentations and critical reviews.
Study with an award-winning provider
In 2020, English Unlimited won the Victorian English Education Provider of the Year award and Everyday English was endorsed as a Premium Product by NEAS, the Global Leader in Quality Assurance for the English Language Teaching Community. Study Gold Coast, Study Queensland and English Australia have awarded English Unlimited grants for the creation of asynchronous short courses. We have also received Highly Commended for the ‘Language Educator of the Year’ at the Global 2021 PIEoneer Awards.
Intermediate level prior to starting the EAP C. Entry can be determined either by submitting English Certificate or by EAP placement test.